I have been obsessed with this stuff lately! It has solved my breakfast dilemma. My breakfasts is consisted, I always have the same thing that can be little boring after a while. My daily breakfast consists of YOSO vegan yogurt (Unsweetened, Vanilla, and Strawberry) toped with chia seeds and other fruits (Banana, strawberry, kiwi etc..). But recently this has changed, after discovering Nice Cream, which I am completely obsessed. It tastes SO delicious and I can’t believe the main ingredient is a banana; with no additional diary, sweeteners or ingredients needed whatsoever. Also, it is a much healthier version of regular ice cream and you can create so many different varieties!, but also it can serve as either a breakfast or late night snack.
- 1 large ripe banana
- Cutting board
- Airtight, freezer-safe container
- Small food processor
- Start with ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
- Peel and chop your bananas into small pieces, it does not matter what shape or size the pieces are in, as long as they are chopped into evenly sized and somewhat small pieces. Put in the bananas in an airtight container or a simple ziplock bag.
- Freeze the banana prices for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Ideally overnight.
- Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender
- Process until bananas look crumbly, then scrap down the sides and keep processing. Repeat this process until banana starts to look like soft serve ice cream. Blend for a few more seconds to aerate the ice cream (If adding any mix-ins, like peanut butter or chocolate chips, this is the moment to do it.)
- You can eat it straight away or put it in a container and back in the freezer, to have the same consistency as regular ice-cream. I prefer eating it right away, particularly if I make it for breakfast
- Making a bigger batch: Yes, you can make a bigger batch with more than one banana! Just make sure your food processor is big enough (and powerful enough).
Topping Ideas and Mix-in
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Spoonful of peanut butter
- Drizzle of honey
- Handful of chocolate chips
- A few almonds
- Dollop of Nutella
- Scoop of cookie butter
- Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon, or cardamom
Makes 2 servings, about 1 cup